These fudgy chocolate brownie cookies are magically gluten-free, taste amazing & come together in minutes. The ultimate gluten-free chocolate cookies!
- 8 oz. (about 1 1/3 cup) semisweet, bittersweet, or dark chocolate chips (I like bittersweet chocolate best)
- 6 Tablespoons butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120 grams) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour, scooped and leveled or weighed
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened Dutch processed/dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pans. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside. You want to work quickly getting the cookies into the oven right away, so having your pans ready to go is essential!
- Melt The Chocolate & Butter. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate together in 20-30 second increments, stirring between each increment, until the chocolate mixture is smooth and glossy.( Watch carefully so you don’t scorch the chocolate—if you burn it, you’ll need to start over.) Set the melted chocolate aside to cool a bit while you prep the eggs.
- Whisk The Eggs & Sugars. Next, add brown sugar, sugar and eggs to a large bowl and beat with a hand mixer for 4-5 minutes, or until the eggs are at least double in volume and the sugar is completely dissolved. The mixture will be lighter in color, and you shouldn’t feel a lot of grit if you rub the mixture between your fingers.
- Add Chocolate & Vanilla. Gradually mix the cooled melted chocolate into the eggs and sugar mixture. Add the vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Then, add gluiten-free flour, cocoa powder, and salt and fold in with a spatula just until smooth and combined.
- Scoop The Dough Right Away. Immediately scoop the cookies with a large cookie scoop onto your prepared baking sheets. You’ll bake 5-6 cookies per baking sheet.
- Bake As Soon As Possible. Pop both baking sheets into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are set the centers are *just* set. Remove the cookies from the oven and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free brownie cookies, gluten-free brookies, gluten free brownie cookie recipe, gluten-free brownie cookie, gluten-free chocolate cookies