These roasted cinnamon almonds are a sweet, crunchy treat that’s perfect for sharing or gifting!
- 1 pound raw almonds (about 3 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 250 degrees F. Set out a cookie sheet/sheet pan for later. (Don’t line it with parchment or foil–it interferes with the dehydrating process)
- Combine The Cinnamon Sugar Mixture. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk or stir until very well blended and set aside.
- Froth The Egg White And Vanilla. In a large mixing bowl, combine egg white and vanilla. Use a hand mixer to beat the egg white 1-2 minutes, or until just frothy. This works with a whisk, too, it’ll just take longer. You don’t want it super liquid (not enough beating) and you don’t want to whip it to stiff peaks (too much beating!)
- Coat The Almonds. Add almonds to the frothy egg white mixture and stir to coat. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture and stir again, until all almonds are well coated.
- Bake The Almonds. Spread the cinnamon-sugar almonds out into an even layer on your prepared baking sheet. Roast in the preheated oven at 250 degrees F. for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. (Bake the full time, or the cinnamon-sugar coating won’t be as dry and crisp as you need.)
- Cool Completely. Remove the almonds from the oven and cool completely on the baking sheet before storing.
- Serve Or Store. Store cooled cinnamon candied almonds in an airtight container, jar, or bag at room temperature 2 weeks, or freeze for 1 month.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon almonds, cinnamon roasted almonds, cinnamon candied almonds, cinnamon sugar candied almonds