Learn how to make a classic Shirley Temple mocktail with this easy recipe. It’s kid-friendly, non-alcoholic, and fun to make!
For The Shirley Temple:
- 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) grenadine
- 4 oz. (1/2 cup) ginger ale
- 2–4 oz. Sparkling water
- Maraschino Cherries (I like the ones with stems!)
- Lime or Orange Slices or Wedges
- Fresh Mint
- Fill A Glass With Ice. Take an 8-10 oz. Glass and fill it with ice, nearly to the top.
- Star With Grenadine. Add 1 oz. (2 Tbsp.) grenadine (pomegranate syrup. If you’re using homemade grenadine, I recommend the full 1 oz, If you’re using store-bought grenadine, you may prefer 1/2 oz. As it’s a little sweeter. It’s up to you!
- Add Ginger Ale. Next, pour in 4 oz. (1/2 cup) ginger ale over the grenadine and ice. (If desired, you can substitute the ginger ale with lemon-lime soda or use half lemon lime soda and half ginger ale)
- Top It Off With Sparkling Water. To cut the sweetness, you’ll top off the glass with 2-4 oz, sparkling water. (Start with 2 oz. and add more if desired.)
- Garnish Your Drink! Now, you’re ready to garnish the drink. Finish your Shirley temple with a maraschino cherry and a wedge of lime or orange. (I like to give my citrus wedge a light squeeze before adding it to the glass. That little kiss of citrus helps offset the sweetness of the drink!
- Swirl & Sip. Stir with a straw or drink stirrer and sip away!
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Shirley temple drink, Shirley temple mocktail, Shirley temple, classic Shirley temple,