Gluten-Free Brown Butter Banana Bread – This amazing gluten-free banana bread recipe gives you tender, delicious banana bread every time. Laced with caramel-y flavors, it’s delicious on its own, with nuts, or chocolate chips!
- 1 stick (4 oz./8 Tbsp.) butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (from about 3 medium or 4 small ripe bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup (210 g.) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour (scooped & leveled)
Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9×5″ bread pan with parchment paper (I like to have the parchment hang over the long sides like handles so I can easily lift the bread out when it’s done cooking)
- First brown the butter. In a light-colored saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat, stirring constantly. When the butter starts to bubble and foam, pay close attention and watch for it to brown. When the butter under the foam is golden and honey-colored and smells sweet, remove the pan from the heat and pour into a stand mixer or mixing bowl to cool slightly.
- Add brown sugar and stir until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add the mashed bananas, eggs, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and gluten-free flour.
- Stir to combine until no lumps of flour remain.
- If adding nuts or chocolate chips, add them to the batter and stir to mix in.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees F. for 60-70 minutes, or until the top is a deep golden color. To be extra sure the bread is done, an instant-read thermometer should register 200 degrees F. when inserted into the center of the loaf. If you find the top is browning too quickly, you can lightly cover the loaf pan with foil.
- Allow the bread to cool 5 minutes in the loaf pan before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Allow the bread to cool at least 20 minutes before you slice it for best results.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Quick Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free banana bread, gluten-free brown butter banana bread, brown butter banana bread