We LOVE homemade chex mix! Our savory gluten-free chex mix recipe is the perfect party snack! You’ll love the crunch & flavor!
For The Dry Ingredients:
- 4 cups gluten-free pretzels (we like Snyder’s gluten-free)
- 3 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3 cups Corn Chex cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed nuts (or peanuts or cashews)*
For The Seasoning Sauce:
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 250 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet (13″x18,” often called a half sheet pan) with parchment paper.
- Combine The Dry Ingredients. In your largest large bowl, combine gluten-free pretzels, corn Chex, rice Chex, Cheerios, and Nuts. Stir to combine well, so everything is pretty evenly distributed.
- Mix Up Your Seasoning Sauce. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in 15-second increments until fully melted and liquid. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir or whisk to combine until uniform and well blended.
- Toss To Coat. Pour the seasoning sauce over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir for at least a full minute, to really distribute the sauce well.
- Spread Out. Turn the Chex mix mixture out onto your prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake, Stir & Cool. Then, bake the Chex mix at 250 degrees F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes for even browning. Allow the Chex mix to cool completely before storing (so that it’s as dry as possible).
- Serve Or Store. Then, dive in and serve immediately or place cooled Chex mix in an airtight container and store at room temperature up to 5 days.
*For a nut-free option, omit the mixed nuts and add 3/4 cup additional pretzels and 3/4 cup additional Cheerios cereal.
**Prefer a little kick? Add a few dashes of hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to your butter mixture before pouring it over the cereal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Snack
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free chex mix, gluten-free chex party mix, gluten-free savory chex mix, gluten-free original chex mix