This easy gluten-free christmas chex recipe is so fun and festive! A perfect gift for friends & neighbors!
For The Christmas Chex Mix:
- 2 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 2 cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios Cereal
- 2 1/2 cups Gluten-Free Pretzels, like Snyder’s Gluten-Free (I prefer twists over sticks)
- 1 cup Salted Peanuts (just salted, not seasoned peanuts)
- 1 cup Red & Green M&Ms Candy* (I use milk chocolate, or peanut butter m&ms)
- 16 oz. Vanilla Almond Bark, White Candy Melts, or White Chocolate Chips
Optional, To Decorate:
- 1–2 Tablespoons red and green sprinkles, like nonpareils or jimmies*
- Flaky sea salt
- Prep Your Station. Spread out a few sheets of parchment paper (I like to put mine on a cookie sheet for stability, but feel free to spread them on your counter).
- Combine The Christmas Chex Mix Ingredients. Set aside half of the M&Ms to decorate with at the end. In your largest large bowl, combine rice Chex, corn Chex, Cheerios, gluten-free pretzels, half of the m&ms, and the peanuts (if using).
- Melt The White Chocolate Coating. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt vanilla almond bark in 20-30 second intervals, stirring well after each interval until the white chocolate coating is smooth and has no lumps. (You can also do this on the stovetop in a double boiler, if you prefer)
- Drizzle & Stir. Pour the melted vanilla bark/candy melts over the cereal mixture and quickly stir to combine. (You want to coat everything well with the white chocolate mixture, but work quickly since the candy melts will start to cool and harden)
- Spread Out, Sprinkle & Cool. Transfer the coated cereal onto your prepared sheets of parchment, and immediately sprinkle on the second half of the m&ms and the sprinkles (if using), and let it cool to set. It will form some clusters as it cools. I like to leave some larger sections and some smaller sections rather than breaking it all up.
- Serve & Store. Once the chocolate is all set, enjoy it right away, or transfer to an airtight container and store at room temperature on the counter up to 1 week.
*3 Tricks For Prettier Presentation:
- First, consider holding back a handful or two of the m&m candies and adding those after you spread the Chex Mix out to dry. Then some of the m&ms will be coated in the white chocolate and some will be easily visible. Since we want people to know we’re making this Chex mix with m&ms, it makes the red and green pop more!
- Second, add a few sprinkles. Just a little sprinkle of some nonpareil sprinkles or jimmies sprinkles adds a fun, festive touch! 100% unnecessary flavor-wise, but 100% cute looks-wise!
- Dip some pretzels first. If you really want to go all out, you can lightly dip 1/2-3/4 cup of the pretzels into the melted almond bark, sprinkle them with sprinkles, and set them aside on a piece of parchment paper to dry before pouring the rest of the melted almond bark over the cereal/pretzel/candy mixture. This will give you a few really pretty pretzels that stand out! (But this is 100% cosmetic!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free Christmas Chex Mix, gluten-free Christmas Crunch Chex mix, Gluten-Free Holiday Chex Mix