These easy, chewy Gluten-Free Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies are loaded with flavor & have the best texture!
For The Wet Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, 8 oz.), softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
For The Dry Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour, weighed or scooped & leveled
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups (11 oz.) butterscotch chips (or 1 cup butterscotch chips + 1 cup dark chocolate chips)
- Optional: flaky sea salt (like Maldon), to finish
- Cream The Butter & Sugars. Combine the softened butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in a mixer. Cream for 2-3 minutes, or until the mixture is lighter in color and light and fluffy in texture.
- Add Eggs One At A Time, beating to incorporate each egg before adding the next one.
- Add Vanilla, and mix until it’s combined.
- Start On The Dry Ingredients. Scrape down the edges of your mixer and add your gluten-free flour, rolled oats, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until *almost* combined. (There should still be a few dry spots left.)
- Add Butterscotch Chips & Mix just until the flour is incorporated and the butterscotch chips are evenly distributed in the batter. Try not to overmix the dough.
- Cover & Chill At Least 2 Hours. DO NOT SKIP this step! Cover your dough (I transfer mine to an airtight container) and chill at least 2 hours, up to one day.
- Preheat & Prep. When you’re ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the dough from the fridge 15-20 minutes in advance of baking so the dough is soft enough to scoop.
- Scoop & Bake. Use a large (3 Tbsp.) cookie scoop to scoop 6 cookies onto the baking sheet at a time. Bake 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees F. or until the cookies are just turning golden around the edges and they look a bit underdone in the center. Remove from the oven & sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired.
- Cool & Transfer. Allow the cookies to cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to continue cooling. The residual heat from the pan and cookie will help set the centers of your cookies.
- Repeat & Eat! Then, repeat this baking process with the rest of your dough. Enjoy the cookies fresh, store leftover cookies at room temperature for 2-3 days, or freeze 6=8 weeks.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free oatmeal scotchies, gluten-free oatmeal butterscotch cookies, gluten-free butterscotch oatmeal cookies, gluten-free oatmeal scotchies cookies