This gluten-free peanut butter blossom recipe combines soft, chewy peanut butter cookies with chocolate kiss candies. You’ll love the peanut butter flavor and soft texture of these yummy cookies!
For The GF Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons, 4 oz.) softened butter
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 3/4 cup (192 grams) creamy peanut butter*
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (150 grams) gluten-free measure for measure flour, weighed or scooped & leveled
- 2 Tablespoons (16 grams) cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
To Decorate The Cookies:
- 1/2 cup sugar, to roll the cookies
- Hershey’s kiss chocolate candies (milk chocolate or dark chocolate–our favorite)
- Combine The Dry Ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Cream Butter, Sugars & Peanut Butter. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine softened butter, brown sugar, sugar, and peanut butter. Cream 2-3 minutes, or until smooth and light.
- Add Egg & Vanilla. Then, add the egg and vanilla extract and mix until just combined.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Next, add the dry ingredients mixture to the mixer and stir until just until combined. (Try not to overmix!)
- Chill The Dough. Cover the dough and chill at least 1 hour, up to 1 day before baking.
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Station. When you’re ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Add 1/2 cup of sugar to a shallow bowl to use for rolling the cookies before baking.
- Chill The Hershey’s Kisses (If You Remember). If you remember, pop the kiss candies in the freezer for a few minutes while you mix up the cookies. (This helps them not melt as much when you add them to the cookies so they set up faster, but it’s not strictly necessary.)
- Scoop, Roll & Bake. Use a small cookie scoop to spoon 1-tablespoon balls of dough. Smooth them into balls with your hands, then roll in sugar. Bake 8 cookies at a time per baking sheet, alternating between baking sheets in between batches so you don’t put cool dough on a hot baking sheet. Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they no longer look wet and shiny. Pull out 8 chilled kisses just before the cookies are done.
- Remove & Add Kisses. Immediately remove the cookies from the oven and add a Hershey’s kiss to the center of each cookie, pressing down until the cookie looks crackled and the kiss is near the bottom of the cookie (don’t push it all the way through, but press it in deep enough that it’ll stick). Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling completely. (Speed this up and help protect the chocolate by popping the rack in the refrigerator or freezer for a few minutes!) Repeat with remaining dough until all cookies are baked.
*It’s important you do NOT use natural peanut butter (with just peanuts or peanuts and salt) for this recipe. The cookies will not set up or spread properly if you do. Use a creamy peanut butter spread like PB & Co., JIF, or Skippy.
- Roll the cookies in nonpareil sprinkles or colored sugar (sanding sugar or sparkling sugar) instead of granulated sugar
- Add 3-5 Tablespoons of jimmies sprinkles to the cookie dough when adding the second half of the flour.
- Use Rolos, mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, Dove chocolates, or Brach’s chocolate stars instead of Hershey’s Kisses
- Use dark chocolate, almond, or Hugs Hershey’s kisses instead of milk chocolate kisses
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten free peanut butter blossoms, gluten-free peanut butter blossom cookies, gluten-free peanut butter blossoms recipe, gluten-free peanut butter blossom recipe, gluten-free christmas cookies