Everything you love about key lime pie made easier! These gluten-free key lime bars are fresh, bright, and so easy to make!
For The Gluten-Free Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free graham cracker crumbs (we use Pamela’s brand graham crackers)
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
For The Key Lime Pie Filling:
- 2 (14 oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk*
- 3 Egg yolks (save whites for another use)
- 1/2 cup full-fat or 2% plain Greek yogurt (can sub sour cream)
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest (from 2–3 regular limes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice (key lime or regular limes)
- Whipped cream or whipped topping, more lime zest, lime slices
Start By Making The Graham Cracker Crust:
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pans. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8×8 metal pan with parchment paper.
- Start The Graham Cracker Crust. In a food processor or medium mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Pulse or stir until everything is well combined and the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pat the crust into your prepared pan in an even layer, making sure you pat the crust all the way to the edges.
- Bake The Crust. Put the crust in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes, or until just golden. Remove from the oven (but keep the oven on!)
While The Crust Is Baking, Mix Up The Key Lime Pie Filling:
- Make The Key Lime Pie Filling. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, egg yolks, Greek yogurt, lime zest, and vanilla. Whisk or beat with a hand mixer to combine until smooth. Keep the mixer or whisk going and gradually mix in the lime juice. Blend until very smooth and even in texture.
- Pour The Filling Over The Crust. Once the crust has come out of the oven, pour the key lime pie filling over the baked crust.
- Return The Pan To The Oven and bake an additional 12-15 minutes to set the filling. The center should be just set with a very slight wobble in the middle. It shouldn’t be wet (underdone) or browned and firm (overdone).
- Cool The Pie Bars For At Least 3 Hours. Remove the key lime pie bars from the oven and cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Then transfer the key lime pie bars to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 1/2 hours more (for a total of at least 3 hours). This will allow the filling to completely set.
- Slice & Serve. After the bars have cooled completely and chilled, use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan. Cut into 16 squares and serve garnished with whipped cream or whipped topping, additional lime zest, or lime slices. (You can spread all of the bars with whipped cream before slicing, or you can dollop or pipe the whipped cream onto each square, as desired. It’s up to you!)
Store leftover key lime pie bars covered in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. (Don’t freeze the bars as the filling can separate or seep.)
*You CANNOT use regular milk or regular condensed milk for this recipe. It must be sweetened condensed milk.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free key lime pie bars, gluten-free key lime pie, gluten-free graham cracker crust, gluten-free pie bars, gluten-free lime pie