This easy whipped honey butter is delicious on all your carb-y faves! Try it on bread, toast, rolls, cornbread, pancakes, waffles, baked sweet potatoes, roasted carrots, popcorn, and more!
- 1/2 cup (4 oz., 8 tablespoons) butter, softened*
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- One pinch (less than 1/8 teaspoon) kosher salt
- Whip The Butter. Start by placing the softened butter in a large mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to whip the butter for 2 minutes. (At first, it’ll kind of clump together and seem like it’s not working. Just keep at it! It’ll spread out and get fluffier as you go!)
- Add The Rest Of The Ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add honey, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt (if using).
- Whip 2-3 Minutes. Beat the butter on medium speed for another 2-3 minutes, pausing to scrape down the sides as needed, until the honey butter is smooth, light, and fluffy. (Don’t rush this step, as incorporating air by whipping is what turns it from regular honey butter to whipped honey butter)
- Serve Or Store. Then, serve your whipped honey butter with all your favorites or store in the refrigerator for later.
*Softened butter is cool to the touch but your finger can make an imprint when pressed. It shouldn’t be shiny or greasy looking, and should still mostly hold its shape. If you use butter that’s too warm, it’ll be looser, wetter, and won’t be as fluffy.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Condiment
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: whipped honey butter, whipped honey butter recipe, honey butter, homemade honey butter