This one bowl gluten-free chocolate chocolate chip banana bread recipe is such a delightful way to use up your overripe bananas! It might just become your new favorite.
For The Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread:
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (from 3–4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons/4 oz.) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup lightly packed brown sugar (I prefer dark brown sugar here!)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup (150 g.) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour (weighed or scooped & leveled)
- 1/2 cup (40 g.) unsweetened cocoa powder (regular cocoa NOT dark cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
For The Top:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips, for sprinkling
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5″ loaf pan with parchment paper. (I like to place it so the parchment hangs over the long sides. They can be used as handles later to lift the bread out of the pan.)
- Start By Combining The Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine mashed bananas, melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Whisk or mix until well blended.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Next, add gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add Chocolate Chips. Sprinkle the 3/4 cup chocolate chips into the bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour Batter Into The Prepared Pan. Now, pour the chocolate banana bread batter into the prepared loaf pan. Use a spatula to smooth out the top.
- Sprinkle With Chocolate Chips. Add the remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top of the smoothed batter.
- Bake. Put the banana bread in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, or until the center registers 200-205 degrees F. or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs (no wet batter!).
- Cool Before Slicing. Let the banana bread cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes in the loaf pan, then transfer the banana bread to the wire rack and let it cool at least 20 minutes before slicing into it for best results. (Better yet if you can wait till it’s completely cool!)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Quick Bread
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate banana bread, gluten free chocolate chocolate chip banana bread, gluten-free double chocolate banana bread, gluten free banana bread