Gluten-Free Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies – Fudgy gluten-free brownies are topped with fresh, ripe strawberries and a glorious chocolate ganache that’ll make your heart sing!
For The Brownies*:
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp., 4 oz.) butter
- 9 oz. (1 1/2 cups) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar (200 g.)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 g.) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour (scooped & leveled or weighed)
- 1/3 cup (30g.) unsweetened cocoa powder (preferably dark/Dutch-processed cocoa)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
For The Strawberry Layer:
- 1 lb. fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
- 2 cups (12 oz.) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup cream** (or 2 Tbsp butter + 14 Tbsp. milk (dairy or non-dairy))
For The Gluten-Free Brownie Layer:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. and line an 8″x8″ metal baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a small, light-colored saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Continue cooking the butter, whisking until the butter begins to foam and brown. It should almost take on the color of honey, and it will smell sweet and nutty.
- Remove the brown butter from the heat and immediately stir in the chocolate chips, whisking until smooth, glossy, and totally melted. Set the pan aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and brown sugar 3-5 minutes, or until the sugar crystals are dissolved (you shouldn’t feel any grit if you rub the mixture between your fingers), and the mixture is slightly lighter in color.
- Whisk the sugar and egg mixture into the slightly cooled butter and chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla, then fold in the salt, cocoa powder, and gluten-free flour until just combined.
- Mix until just combined. Then pour the brownie batter into your prepared pan.
- Smooth the surface with a spatula to get it as even as you can, then bake the brownies at 325 degrees F. for 22-25 minutes or until just almost completely set. (A toothpick inserted in the center will have some moist crumbs but shouldn’t be wet with glossy batter.)
- Let the brownies cool to room temperature before you top them with the strawberry and ganache layers.
For The Strawberry Layer:
- If you haven’t already, wash and pat dry the strawberries. (You don’t want them going onto the brownies wet, so don’t skip this step!)
- Cut the green tops off of the strawberries and slice them in half lengthwise (from stem to tip). If your strawberries are especially large, you can quarter them. You just want them all roughly the same height.
- When the brownies are cooled to room temperature, arrange the strawberry halves cut side down on top of the brownies. (I like to pack these as close together as space allows so all the bites haves strawberries in them.)
For The Ganache Layer:
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and cream.
- Heat in 20-30 second increments, stirring in between each increment, until the chocolate chips are nearly melted, with just a few small bits left. (The residual heat will melt those last little bits. Pulling it out at this stage helps you avoid scorching the chocolate).
- Remove from the microwave and continue stirring until the ganache is smooth and glossy with no lumps remaining.
- Pour over the strawberry layer on the brownies, doing your best to cover and coat all the berries evenly. Gently shake the pan side to side as needed to help level the ganache.
- Refrigerate the brownies about 1 hour, or until the ganache is totally set.
- Slice brownies into 16 squares and enjoy with in 1-2 days.
- Store leftover brownies covered in an airtight container in the refrigerator to 1-2 days.
*Feel free to use boxed mix brownies! Our favorite gluten-free boxed brownies are King Arthur Gluten-Free Brownies
**If you can’t use cream, I recommend 2 Tbsp. butter or vegan butter + 14 Tbsp. (which is 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp.) milk (dairy or non-dairy).
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free brownies, gluten-free chocolate covered strawberry brownies, gluten free strawberry brownies