Let’s make gluten-free lunch lady peanut butter bars! These no-bake gluten-free peanut butter bars are topped with a layer of chocolate for a delicious finish that’s perfect for peanut butter lovers!
For The Peanut Butter Bars:
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) gluten-free graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups (180 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use 1/8 teaspoon or less if using fine table salt)
- 1 cup (248 grams) smooth peanut butter* (crunchy peanut butter will impact the texture)
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons/113 grams) butter
For The Chocolate Topping:
- 1 cup (170 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons (30 grams) creamy peanut butter
First, Make The Bars:
- Prep Your Pan. Grease an 8×8 or 9×9 metal baking pan or line with parchment paper (my preference).
- Crush The Graham Crackers. If you haven’t already, crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs in a food processor or a zip-top bag with a rolling pin. (You don’t want any large pieces for these bars.)
- Assemble Bar Ingredients. Add the graham cracker crumbs to a large bowl, along with powdered sugar, and salt. Add the peanut butter.
- Melt The Butter. Next, melt the butter in a microwave-safe bowl in 15-20 second increments until it’s fully melted. (You can also do this on the stove in a saucepan over medium heat) Pour the melted butter over the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, salt, and peanut butter. Stir to combine until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Pat It Out. Transfer the peanut butter mixture to your prepared pan and gently spread it into an even layer or pat the mixture out with your hands. (Using a little bit of parchment paper can make this easier!)
Then Make The Chocolate Topping:
- Melt Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chips. Add 2 Tablespoons peanut butter and the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and gently melt in 20-30 second intervals until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour & Spread. Next, pour the melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling and smooth into an even layer.
- Chill the bars until set, about 2 hours or so.
- Serve & Store. Cut into squares or bars with a sharp knife and enjoy immediately. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge up to 1 week. (You can also freeze them up to 2 months)
*Don’t use natural peanut butter for these bars, since it will make the bars more dry and crumbly. Stick with brands like Jif, Skippy or PB&Co.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free peanut butter bars, gluten-free chocolate peanut butter bars