This bright, crisp orange juice mocktail is the perfect refreshing drink to add to your next holiday or special occasion. (Don’t miss our ginger-mint simple syrup!)
For The Ginger-Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2” piece fresh ginger, peel removed and cut in half or sliced (or 2 cubes frozen ginger!)
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves (.5–1 oz. mint leaves)
For The Orange Citrus Mocktail:
- 1–2 Tbsp. ginger mint simple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice (freshly squeezed or highest quality possible)
- 1/4 cup or so sparkling water
- Fresh mint leaves, orange or lime slices, pomegranate arils, fresh rosemary, sliced ginger, sugared or frozen cranberries, etc.
First, Make Your Ginger Mint Simple Syrup.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and ginger.
- Bring to a simmer and whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and add mint leaves.
- Steep for 15-20 minutes (or until cool for stronger flavor!).
- Strain the ginger and mint out and store the ginger-mint simple syrup in a jar in the fridge up to 1 month.
To Make A Citrus Orange Mocktail:
- Fill Your Glass 3/4 Full With Ice. To make your citrus mocktails, first fill a 8-10 oz. glass 3/4 full with ice cubes.
- Add Ginger Mint Simple Syrup. Then, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of your ginger-mint simple syrup to the glass.
- Add Orange Juice & Lime Juice. Pour in orange juice and lime juice. (I recommend tasting it here. If your juice is more tart, you may want an extra splash of ginger-mint syrup.)
- Swirl & Top Off With Sparkling Water. Stir to combine with a straw or drink stirrer, then top off the glass with sparkling water.
- Add your favorite garnishes!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: orange mocktail, orange juice mocktail, citrus mocktail, orange citrus mocktail, citrus orange mocktail, ginger mint simple syrup