These thin and crispy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are a delightful change of pace from thicker cookies! You’ll love their crispy texture and classic flavor.
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz.) butter, softened but still cool to the touch
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 grams) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz./170 grams) semisweet chocolate chips (I like mini chocolate chips!)
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pans. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. (This way you can alternate baking sheets between batches & not put cool dough on a hot baking sheet.)
- Cream Butter & Sugars. In the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer), cream the softened butter, sugar, and brown sugar 2-3 minutes, or until smooth, light, and fluffy.
- Add Egg & Vanilla. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, until well blended.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Scrape down the edges of the bowl and add gluten-free flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just a few floury patches remain.
- Mix In Chocolate Chips. Add mini chocolate chips and mix until just combined and no floury patches remain.
- Scoop & Roll. Use a medium cookie scoop to form 1.5 Tablespoon balls. Roll the cookie dough balls smooth between your palms quickly, then add 6 cookie dough balls to a baking sheet.
- Bake & Cool. Bake the cookies 11-13 minutes for crispy cookies (or 9-11 minutes for softer cookies). If desired, shape the cookies into perfect circles with a round cookie cutter and press a few extra chocolate chips into the tops right after you pull them out of the oven (this is just for looks!). Let the cookies cool 2-3 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat baking process until all the cookie dough is baked.
- NOTE: These cookies are meant to be thin, but if they’re spreading TOO much, you can chill the rest of the dough about 20 minutes before baking the next batch to help control the spread.
- Serve & Store. Enjoy the cookies right away, or store in an airtight container at room temperature 2 days. Or, freeze up to 2 months.
*I prefer to use mini chocolate chips so they don’t poke way up in the cookie dough. If you want yours to look more like Tate’s Bakeshop cookies (or only have regular chocolate chips), use regular chocolate chips.
**If you fill the medium cookie scoop up and level it out, you’ll be able to get 32 cookies. If you slightly overfill the scoop, you’ll get closer to 28 cookies.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free crispy chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free crunchy chocolate chip cookies