These gluten-free banana streusel muffins are a new brunch favorite! Fluffy gluten-free cinnamon banana muffins with cinnamon streusel topping–It’s a double-dose of cinnamon goodness!
For The Streusel Topping:
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) gluten-free flour, weighed or scooped & leveled
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
For The Banana Muffins:
- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) gluten-free measure for measure flour, weighed or scooped and leveled
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (8 Tablespoons/1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 grams) sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (from 3 large or 4 medium bananas)*
Optional Maple Glaze:
- 1–1 1/2 cups (120–180 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoon milk (or more, if needed)
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with parchment paper liners.
- Make Your Streusel Topping. In a small mixing bowl, combine gluten-free flour, sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Gradually add the melted butter in and use a fork to quickly mix just until small clusters start to form. (Try not to over-mix or it’ll turn to a paste!) Set the crumb topping mixture aside.
- Mix Up The Dry Ingredients. In a medium bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- Combine The Butter & Sugars. In a large bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar and sugar. Whisk until the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add Eggs & Vanilla. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and mix to combine.
- Stir In Mashed Banana. Add the mashed bananas and stir to incorporate them.
- Add The Dry Ingredients. Then, add the dry ingredients mixture and use a spatula to gently fold in just until no pockets of dry flour remain.
- Scoop & Top The Muffins. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan, filling the muffin cups almost to the top. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the muffin batter in each muffin cup, generously covering them and gently patting the crumb topping down a bit into the batter.
- Bake. Next, bake the muffins at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins have risen and the streusel crumb topping is golden brown. The streusel may have spread a bit during cooking. Use a spoon to gently shape the streusel and tuck it back into the muffins.
- Cool & Glaze (If You Want). Let the muffins cool 3-5 minutes in the muffin pan before carefully transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling. If desired, whisk the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and drizzle over cooled muffins.
- Serve & Store. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container for later. Muffins will keep 2 days at room temperature, or 1 month in the freezer.
*For best results, measure your mashed bananas rather than going off of the number of bananas. Using more or less can impact the texture of these muffins. Also, mash them as smoothly as you can for best results. The more even your banana mixture is, the smoother the muffins’ texture will be!
**We recommend King Arthur Measure-For-Measure Gluten-Free Flour. If you use another all-purpose gluten-free flour, be sure it contains xanthan gum.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free banana crumb muffins, gluten-free banana streusel muffins, gluten-free cinnamon banana muffins