Chewy gluten-free brownies topped with colorful M&Ms! These are such a fun, easy gluten-free dessert!
- 1/4 cup (2 oz/4 Tablespoons) butter
- 1/4 cup neutral oil (like avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or canola oil)
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 2/3 cup (4 oz.) semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (90 grams) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour, weighed or scooped and leveled
- 1/4 cup (25 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder (Dutch-processed or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup (4 oz.) semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3–1/2 cup mini M&Ms, milk chocolate M&Ms, or dark chocolate M&Ms candies
- Preheat The Oven & Prep The Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 325 degrees F. Line an 8×8″ metal pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt The Butter, Oil, Sugar & Chocolate. In a medium saucepan, melt butter, oil, sugar and 2/3 cup chocolate chips over low heat. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and remove from heat. (The sugar will likely still look a bit grainy. This is fine!)
- Beat In The Eggs & Egg Yolk. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, stirring to fully incorporate before adding the next egg/yolk.
- Add The Vanilla. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Stir In The Dry Ingredients. Add the gluten-free flour blend, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Stir until just combined.
- Fold In The Chocolate Chips. Add the second 2/3 cup chocolate chips and fold until just evenly distributed. Transfer the brownie batter to your prepared pan and smooth the surface evenly.
- Sprinkle With M&Ms. Add the M&Ms to the top of the brownie batter, doing your best to distribute them evenly.
- Bake & Cool. Pop the brownies in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the surface no longer jiggles in the center and the brownies look set around the edges. (Try not to overbake, as this will dry the brownies out a bit.) Let the brownies cool at least 30 minutes before slicing. I recommend cooling the brownies completely for the neatest cuts.
- Slice & Enjoy. Cut into slices (9 large squares, 12 rectangles, or 16 small squares) and enjoy. Store leftover M&M brownies in the fridge 2-3 days, or in a freezer-safe bag or airtight container in the freezer up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Amercan
Keywords: gluten free m&m brownies, gluten-free mm brownies, gluten-free m and m brownies, chewy gluten-free brownies