Summer is the perfect time to make this easy gluten-free zucchini bread recipe! You’ll love the blend of spices, soft texture, and chocolate chips (or nuts) in every bite!
For The Wet Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) neutral-tasting oil (canola, vegetable, or grapeseed)
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups (170 grams) grated zucchini (no need to squeeze out the extra liquid)
- 1 3/4 cups (210 grams) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate chips or chopped walnuts, if desired
- Preheat The Oven & Prep The Pan. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line. a 9×5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper. (This makes it easier to lift out later.)
- Combine Wet Ingredients. In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, oil, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk or mix until well combined.
- Mix In Zucchini. Add the zucchini to the wet ingredients and stir to distribute the zucchini evenly.
- Add Dry Ingredients. Next, add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the wet ingredients. Gently stir until the flour is almost entirely mixed in (with just a few floury patches left).
- Fold In Chocolate Chips. Add the chocolate chips and stir just until the chocolate chips are evenly mixed in and there are no dry patches left. Try not to over-mix. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out on top.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with just a few moist crumbs. (There shouldn’t be any wet or gooey batter.) After putting the zucchini bread in the oven, set a timer for 30 minutes and loosely tent the pan with foil so it doesn’t get too brown. Continue baking another 30-40 minutes, or until the bread is done.
- Cool 1 Hour. Let the zucchini bread cool 1 hour in the pan before lifting out of the pan to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve & Store. When the zucchini bread has cooled, you can cut it into individual slices. Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 2 days. Or, you can wrap the whole loaf, place it in an freezer bag and freeze up to 1 month.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 70 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free zucchini bread recipe, gluten-free chocolate chip zucchini bread,