Learn how to make brown sugar to use in your favorite recipes. You only need 2 ingredients and a few minutes to make homemade brown sugar!
For Light Brown Sugar:
- 1 cup (200 grams) white granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) unsulphured molasses (not blackstrap molasses)
For Dark Brown Sugar:
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoon (30 ml) unsulphured molasses (not blackstrap molasses)
Make It In A Bowl:
- Combine sugar and molasses in a mixing bowl.
- Use a flexible spatula to stir and combine well. At first, the molasses will probably form some clumps in the sugar. Use your spatula to press them flat and blend the molasses in. Mix until the color is evenly distributed and it looks like every grain of sugar is coated with molasses.
- Use right away or store brown sugar in an airtight container up to 1 month.
Make It In A Food Processor (My Favorite)
- Combine sugar and molasses in the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse to combine thoroughly, pausing to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, as needed. Mix until all the sugar crystals are evenly coated in molasses.
- Use right away or store in an airtight container up to 1 month. (Keep it soft with these tips!)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Tutorial
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade brown sugar, how to make brown sugar, brown sugar recipe, diy brown sugar