This homemade limeade is kissed with fresh mint & tastes amazing. It’s the perfect non-alcoholic drink for a celebration!
For The Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup sugar (I prefer cane sugar)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
For The Mint Limeade (Mojito Mocktail):
- 2–3 cups ice
- Mint simple syrup (above)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- 2–3 cups water
Start With The Mint Simple Syrup:
- Combine Sugar, Water, and Fresh Mint Leaves in a small saucepan.
- Bring To A Simmer. Heat the simple syrup over medium heat, whisking to help dissolve the sugar. When the syrup reaches a simmer (not a boil!), turn the heat off.
- Steep The Syrup. Let the mint steep and infuse the syrup for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Strain & Store The Syrup. Then, strain the mint out of the simple syrup by pouring it through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or liquid measuring cup. Discard the mint & use the syrup right away or store for later. Mint simple syrup will keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Mix Up Your Mint Limeade:
- Start With Ice. Now, you’re ready to make your limeade! Add 2-3 cups of ice to a large pitcher.
- Add Simple Syrup, Lime Juice & Water. Pour in the mint simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and water.
- Stir & Tase Test. Give the limeade a stir to combine everything evenly. Taste test the mint limeade to see if you need more water (to dilute it), more mint leaves, etc.
- Garnish with fresh mint, and lime slices or wedges as desired.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: mint limeade, mojito mocktail, virgin mojito, non alcoholic mojito, cafe rio limeade, cafe rio mint limeade, homemade limeade