This ginger beer mocktail is made with fresh, vibrant flavors you’ll love. It’s sweet, spicy, and so refreshing–the perfect party drink!
For The Mint Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
For The Moscow Mule Mocktail:
- Ice cubes
- 1/2–1 oz. (1–2 Tablespooons) mint simple syrup
- 1 oz. (2 Tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- 6 oz. (3/4 cup) ginger beer
- 2 oz. (1/4 cup) club soda or sparkling water
- Lime slices, lime wheels, or lime wedges
- Mint leaves
- Slices of fresh ginger
Start With The Mint Simple Syrup:
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, then turn off the heat and add fresh mint leaves.
- Steep the mint for at least 30 minutes up to 2 hours, then cool to room temperature.
- Strain the syrup through a fine mesh sieve and store in a glass jar.
- Mint syrup will keep several weeks in the fridge and can be made in advance.
Then, Make The Mocktail:
- Fill a copper mug (or glass) with ice.
- Pour in simple syrup, lime juice, and ginger beer. Top off the cup with sparkling water.
- Garnish with lime slices, fresh leaves or a fresh mint sprig, and more!
For more mint flavor, muddle a few mint leaves at the bottom of the mug before pouring in the rest of the ingredients!
Variations To Try:
- Cranberry Moscow Mule Mocktail. Use 2 oz (1/4 cup) cranberry juice blend and 4 oz (1/2 cup) ginger beer. Or, use a cranberry-pomegranate juice blend and use pomegranate arils!
- Orange Moscow Mule Mocktail. Use 2 oz (1/4 cup) orange juice and 4 oz. (1/2 cup) ginger beer. Garnish with orange slices.
- Pineapple Moscow Mule Mocktail. Use 2 oz. (1/4 cup) of pineapple juice and 4 oz. (1/2 cup) ginger beer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: moscow mule mocktail, virgin moscow mule, non-alcoholic moscow mule, ginger beer mocktail