This homemade peach lemonade recipe is made with fresh (or frozen!) peaches and lemon juice to make a light, refreshing summer drink you won’t want to miss.
For The Peach Syrup:
- 2 cups diced peaches (pits removed)*
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
For The Peach Lemonade:
- 1 batch peach syrup (above–about 1 3/4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (7–9 lemons)
- 3 cups water or sparkling water/soda water
- 3–4 cups ice
- Peach slices or diced peaches
- Lemon slices
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Edible flowers (like chamomile)
- Fresh berries
First, Make The Peach Syrup:
- Combine. In a medium saucepan, combine diced peaches, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup water. Stir to combine.
- Simmer. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until peaches are very tender and the sugar has dissolved.
- Cool. Let the peach syrup cool at least 20 minutes or so. This will also give it time to infuse more peach flavor into the syrup.
- Strain & Store. Pour the peach mixture through a fine mesh sieve to strain out peach pulp and peach skins, letting as much of the peach syrup juices through. Store peach syrup in an airtight container in the fridge up to 4-5 days or freeze up to 1 month.
Make Peach Lemonade:
- Combine. When you’re ready to make the lemonade, add peach syrup and lemon juice to a large pitcher. Pour in 3 cups water and gently stir to combine. (If using sparkling water, wait to add it until right before serving to maintain the bubbles.)
- Finish With Ice. Add 3-4 cups ice and any desired garnishes.
- Serve ice cold with pretty garnishes and store leftover lemonade in the refrigerator 3-4 days. (Or freeze up to 1 month.)
*I don’t peel my peaches for making peach lemonade, since we’ll strain out the skins after making the syrup. It also gives the lemonade a more peachy-pink color. If you prefer to peel them, feel free! Your lemonade may just look a bit more orange in color.
**You can adjust the flavor of this lemonade by adding more water. I like to keep the lemonade mixture on the strong side at first, then add plenty of ice so it doesn’t water down the drink too much as it melts.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peach lemonade recipe, peach lemonade from scratch, homemade peach lemonade