The easiest and quickest way I know to get your eggs to room temperature quickly is the water trick!
- Eggs (however many your recipe calls for)
- A bowl (or two) large enough to hold the eggs comfortably & be able to cover them with water
- Warm water
To Bring Eggs To Room Temperature Quickly (Whole Eggs)
- Add the eggs to a bowl deep enough to submerge them in water.
- Fill the bowl with warm water. Be sure the water isn’t hot, or it can start to cook the eggs. It should just feel like warm bathwater.
- Let the eggs sit in the warm water for 10-15 minutes, then crack and use as directed. (Even 5 minutes in the water will make a notable difference, but aim for at least 10 minutes for best results!)
To Bring Separated Eggs To Room Temperature Quickly:
- Separate COLD eggs into two small bowls (one for whites, one for yolks)
- Place small bowls in slightly larger bowls and fill with warm water, careful not to let the water run over the sides of the bowls into the egg yolks or whites.
- Let the egg yolks and whites warm up for 10-15 minutes before proceeding with your recipe.
- Start bringing the eggs to room temperature FIRST when making your recipe. They’ll be ready by the time you’ve gathered and prepped all the other ingredients!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Tutorial
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: How to get eggs to room temperature quickly, room temperature eggs, how to bring separated eggs to room temperature