This dairy-free peppermint hot chocolate recipe is so warm and cozy! You’ll love the creamy texture and warm peppermint flavor!
For The Vegan Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (I prefer full-fat canned coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. dairy-free/vegan chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or sugar), plus more to taste if needed
- pinch salt (less than 1/8 tsp.)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- Crushed candy canes or peppermint candies
- mini chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce
- coconut whipped cream or non-dairy whipped cream
- shaved chocolate
- In a medium saucepan, combine coconut milk, almond milk, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, maple syrup/sugar, and salt.
- Whisk over medium-low heat until the mixture is hot and the chocolate and cocoa powder are fully melted and dissolved. NOTE: You want the milk steaming, but not simmering or boiling (this can cause the milk to separate and can scorch the chocolate).
- When the hot chocolate is warm enough and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla and peppermint extract. Taste and add more sweetener, vanilla or peppermint, as desired.
- Serve with your favorite toppings!
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peppermint hot chocolate, dairy free peppermint hot chocolate, vegan peppermint hot chocolate, homemade peppermint hot chocolate