This fresh watermelon water (agua de sandia) is so refreshing on a hot day or paired with all your Mexican & Tex-Mex favorites.
- 3 lbs. diced watermelon (about 8–9 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2–4 Tablespoons Sugar or Agave
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- Tiny pinch (Less than 1/8 teaspoon) salt
- 1–2 cups ice cubes
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lime slices or lime wedges
- Fresh watermelon (wedges, slices, balls, or cut-outs)
- Tajin seasoning
- Add half of the watermelon, 1 cup of the water, the sugar, the lime juice, and the salt to a blender.
- Puree until the mixture is as smooth as possible.
- Pour the watermelon juice mixture through a fine mesh strainer or sieve to remove the pulp and transfer the strained juice to a pitcher.
- Blend the rest of the watermelon with the remaining 1 cup water, strain it, and add to the pitcher along with the other strained juice. Stir well to combine.
- Add ice & serve with your favorite garnishes! Watermelon agua fresca will stay fresh 4-5 days in the refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Drink
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: watermelon agua fresca, watermelon aguas frescas, agua de sandia, watermelon water, watermelon juice