These easy fruity pebbles crispy treats are a cute, colorful no-bake treat that’s so much fun!
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- 2 cups Gluten-Free Crisp Rice Cereal
- 10 oz. Marshmallows
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (use 1/8 teaspoon if using table salt)
- PREP YOUR PAN. Start by lining an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. (I like to leave a little parchment draped over the sides of the pan so I can use it as handles to lift the Fruity Pebbles treats out at the end.)
- COMBINE YOUR CEREALS. In a large mixing bowl (the larger the bowl, the easier it is to stir!), combine Fruity Pebbles and crisp rice cereal. Stir to blend well & set aside.
- SET ASIDE 1 CUP OF MARSHMALLOWS. You’ll melt most of the marshmallows, but we’ll tuck in a few unmelted mallows. Measure 1 cup of mini marshmallows and add them to the cereal.
- MELT REMAINING MARSHMALLOWS & BUTTER. In a large saucepan, melt the butter and add the rest of the marshmallows, melting over medium-low heat & stirring nearly constantly until the marshmallows are melted and the butter and marshmallows are well combined. (Some people prefer to melt the butter & marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl in the microwave, but I find you have better control in a large pot on the stovetop.)
- REMOVE FROM HEAT & ADD FLAVORINGS. Take the saucepan off the heat and stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
- IMMEDIATELY POUR OVER CEREAL. Working quickly, pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and mini marshmallows. Use a large spatula to gently stir until the cereal is well coated with the marshmallows
- GENTLY PAT INTO THE PAN. Carefully (so you don’t compact or crush the cereal), gently spread the Fruity Pebbles treats mixture into your prepared baking dish and gently smooth the surface with your fingertips or spatula. Remember not to pack the cereal down too tightly, or your Fruity Pebbles treats will be dense and hard rather than light and soft.
- LET SET & SLICE. Allow the cereal treats to cool at least 20-30 minutes, then cut into 12-16 pieces. Store leftover Fruity Pebbles rice krispie treats in an airtight bag at room temperature up to 3-4 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fruity Pebbles Treats, Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats, gluten-free no bake dessert, fruity pebbles crispy treats, fruity pebbles krispie treats, fruity pebbles cereal treats