Gluten-Free Sprinkle Sugar Cookies – Soft gluten-free sugar cookies with sprinkles are so cute! They’re perfect for celebrating holidays, birthdays, and special occasions.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks, 185 g.) butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, ideally room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4–1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g.) gluten-free measure-for-measure flour*
- 1/3–1/2 cup sprinkles (jimmies or quins), plus more for topping if desired
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine butter and sugar. Beat together until the mixture is smooth and cohesive, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate each egg before adding the next.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and beat to blend in.
- Add baking powder, salt, and flour. Mix until the flour is mostly mixed in.
- Add sprinkles and stir or beat on low to incorporate the sprinkles into the dough. (The dough will be thick and sticky at this point. You may prefer to finish with a spatula.)
- Refrigerate the dough 30 minutes, while you preheat the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- When the oven is preheated, remove chilled dough from the refrigerator.
- Scoop or roll dough into 1.5” balls (i use a medium cookie scoop).
- If desired, roll the tops of the cookie dough balls in more sprinkles before placing on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until set around the edges and just underdone in the center.
- Cool 2 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free sprinkle cookies, gluten-free sugar cookies with sprinkles, gluten-free funfetti sugar cookies, gluten-free funfetti cookies