This Lucky Charms Treats recipe is a magically delicious St. Patrick’s Day treat to share with your family! Quick, easy & no-bake, too!
Cereal treats are a REALLY easy treat to enjoy around holidays and get-togethers. They rarely require oven time, usually come together quickly, and taste delicious!
We have a LOT of fun with cereal treats around here, whether it’s the BEST gluten-free Rice Krispie treats EVER, a fun snack mix, or a cute variation like Fruity Pebbles Treats. These Lucky Charms Treats are perfect for St. Patrick’s Day, rainbow parties, kids sleepovers, and more.
It’s basically like making Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats! You follow the same basic ingredients & technique as regular Rice Krispie treats, just swapping in Lucky Charms cereal and a few little flavor boosters as you go.
They’re JUST as easy as other cereal treats and are sure to please!
Here’s what you need to make these gluten-free Lucky Charms treats…
Here’s What You Need To Make Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats:
- Lucky Charms. First up, we’re using Lucky Charms cereal in place of Rice Krispies/crisp rice cereal. I recommend the traditional varieties since they have such classic colored marshmallows, but feel free to try one of their seasonal or special edition varieties if you like!
- Butter. Next up is plenty of melted butter. This gets your melted marshmallows extra smooth and glossy, and keeps the cereal treats from drying out quickly.
- Mini Marshmallows. The small marshmallows melt easier than the big ones do, so they’re best for making Lucky Charms treats.
- Vanilla & A Pinch Of Salt. My secret ingredients! These two play up the vanilla notes from the marshmallows, and balance the sweetness a bit. They shouldn’t end up tasting salty by any means, just not flat or too sweet.
Ingredient Check: Is It Gluten-Free?
- Lucky Charms Cereal = Classic Lucky Charms cereal is gluten-free, though some of the special edition & other varieties are not. General Mills clearly labels their gluten-free cereals, so check your box for a clear “gluten-free” on the packaging before buying.
- Marshmallows = Most marshmallows are gluten-free! Check out our big list of gluten-free marshmallow brands to find one that works for you.
How To Make Lucky Charms Rice KRispie Treats, Step By Step
- Prep Your Pan. Line an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or grease with a little butter.
- Set Aside Cereal. Start by pouring the cereal into a large mixing bowl (use your biggest bowl!). If desired, set aside 1/3-1/2 cup of the Lucky Charms marshmallows to sprinkle on at the end.
- Melt The Mallows. Add butter and mini marshmallows to a saucepan, and stir over medium-low heat or medium heat. If your mixture doesn’t seem to be coming together, use a whisk to mix it. It should pull together easily!
- Stir In Vanilla & Salt. Quickly stir in the vanilla extract and kosher salt and stir to combine.
- Pour Marshmallow Mixture Over The Cereal. Next, pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the cereal and use a spatula to gently stir.
- Stir To Coat. Use the spatula to gently mix until the cereal is evenly coated in the marshmallow mixture (it will be sticky!)
- Pat Into Pan. Transfer the cereal mixture to your prepared baking dish and use very gentle pressure to pat the mixture into an even layer. Sprinkle with reserved Lucky Charms marshmallows if desired.
- Cool & Cut. Let the Lucky Charms Treats cool and set before cutting into 9 large squares, 12 rectangles or 16 small squares.
- Store. Transfer leftover cereal bars to an airtight container or bag and store at room temperature 4-5 days. They’ll stay even more fresh if you individually wrap the squares in plastic wrap first!
- Can I Just Use The Microwave? Some people prefer to melt the marshmallows and butter in the microwave. If you do, too, add marshmallows and butter to a large microwave safe bowl and melt in 20-30 second increments, stirring after each interval until the marshmallow mixture is smooth.
FAQ + Tips And Tricks For The BEst Lucky Charms Treats:
Is Lucky Charms Cereal Gluten-Free? Classic Lucky Charms Cereal is gluten-free and clearly labeled. General Mills clearly labels their gluten-free cereals with “gluten-free” on the front of the packaging, so double-check your box before buying to be sure.
Get The Texture Just Right. One trick to soft cereal treats is to use GENTLE pressure when spreading the cereal mixture down into the baking dish.
A Trick For Pretty Lucky Charms Treats. For a really pretty look, set aside 1/3-1/2 cup of the lucky charms marshmallows and sprinkle them on right after you transfer the cereal mixture to the pan. Having a few marshmallows that are bright & obvious instantly makes these lucky charms cereal bars look more cheerful and fun!
Dip Or Drizzle With Chocolate! For a fun finish, dip the bottoms of your treats in melted white chocolate or candy melts. Or drizzle some melted green candy melts (or white chocolate!) on top for St. Patrick’s Day vibes!
Add Sprinkles! Or, add a little pinch or two of sprinkles after patting the lucky charms marshmallow treats into the pan. Rainbow sprinkles or St. Patrick’s day sprinkles are fun! (Check out our Sprinkles 101 post for more ideas!)
🌟 Leave a star review below when you try our Lucky Charms Treats recipe! We can’t wait to hear what you think!Print