Learn how to make marshmallow and toothpick snowflakes to decorate your next mug of hot cocoa! It only takes minutes & it’s so fun!
- Toothpicks (6-8 per snowflake)
- Large Marshmallows (1 per snowflake)
- Mini Marshmallows (12-16 per snowflake)
- For each snowflake, choose a large marshmallow to act as the center of the snowflake. Hold the large marshmallow so that the circular side (the top or bottom) faces you. (This makes for a prettier snowflake.)
- Insert 6-8 toothpicks around the circle (I like to do 8. I place 4 toothpicks in the center marshmallow like the points of a compass, then fill in the gaps with another toothpick in between each for a total of 8.)
- Then, decorate each toothpick with mini marshmallows to make your snowflake design! Again, I recommend holding the marshmallows so the circular side faces you for the prettiest effect. For the sample snowflake, I put 2 mini marshmallows on each toothpick, but you can create any design you like!)
- Serve with your favorite cup of hot chocolate, or store in a zip-top bag until you’re ready to use them. You can also hang them with string for a fun decoration!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marshmallow snowflake, marshmallow and toothpick snowflakes, hot chocolate toppings