Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Fruit Dip! This easy brown sugar fruit dip recipe only takes 5 ingredients and less than 5 minutes to make. It makes every occasion a little more delicious!
This brown sugar cream cheese fruit dip is one of my forever favorites.
I’ve had all sorts of variations of it over the years–at baby showers, girls’ nights, favorite things parties, brunches, family gatherings, reunions, picnics, and more. It’s the perfect dip for a party–it’s quick and easy, but looks gorgeous with colorful fruit. I love that it’s a lighter dessert or elevated snack or small bite that’s simple to pull out at a moment’s notice.
And when I say it’s easy, I mean, like REALLY easy. 5 ingredients + 5 minutes or less kind of easy!
Here’s all you’ll need to make this THE BEST fruit dip around…
Brown Sugar Fruit Dip, At A Glance:
- Ingredients For Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- How To Make This Easy Fruit Dip
- What To Serve With Brown Sugar Fruit Dip
- FAQ + Tips For The Best Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Yummy Variations To Try (Mix-Ins & Toppings!)
- More Fruit-Inspired Recipes To Love
- RECIPE: Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
Simple Ingredients For Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Fruit Dip:
- Cream Cheese. There are some brown sugar fruit dip recipes that use sour cream, but this one gets a much more satisfying, creamy texture (and better flavor, in my opinion!) by using softened cream cheese. I recommend full-fat cream cheese (aka regular cream cheese) here for the best flavor and texture. (Lite or low-fat cream cheese can be watery and clumpy.)
- Brown Sugar. Instead of sweetening our dip with something like marshmallow creme/marshmallow fluff or even cool whip, this caramel fruit dip gets most of its flavor from these first two ingredients (cream cheese and brown sugar). The sweetness from the brown sugar and that subtle molasses note give it definite caramel vibes!
- White Sugar. Then, you’ll add just a little white sugar. You can even skip it if you’re trying to make this a touch lighter. It’s up to you!
- Vanilla Extract. Crucial for flavor! I love how a splash of vanilla plays off the brown sugar here. SO GOOD.
- Salt. Trust me! That tiny pinch of salt makes all the difference. It balances the flavors and makes everything just taste better! (It won’t be salty by any means–have no fear!)
How To Make Brown Sugar Fruit Dip, Step By Step:
- Add Ingredients To A Bowl. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Whip It….Whip It Real Good… Use a hand mixer on low speed, then increase to medium speed to beat and combine the ingredients. Beat at least 2-3 minutes, or until all sugar crystals are dissolved. (It shouldn’t look gritty or feel gritty if you rubbed it between your fingers.) Additionally, whipping it for the full 2-3 minutes incorporates more air into the dip, making it feel lighter and more velvety. YUM!
- Serve Or Store. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve immediately with fresh fruit. Or, you can store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. (I recommend using a spoon or fork to give it a quick mix before serving if you make it in advance.)
- Make It Pretty! If desired, garnish the delicious dip with a sprinkle of toffee bits, a drizzle of caramel sauce, or a few mini chocolate chips right before serving. Enjoy with your favorite fruits. Store leftover fruit dip in an airtight container 3-4 days.
What To Serve With This Cream Cheese Fruit Dip:
Since it *is* fruit dip after all, my favorite thing to serve with it is our favorite fresh fruits. This creamy fruit dip looks so cheerful surrounded by beautiful fruit on fruit platters! Here are a few of our favorite kinds of fruit to serve with this creamy dip, but don’t stop there! We’ve also got a few other suggestions that pair beautifully with this caramel brown sugar fruit dip…
Fresh Fruits To Try:
- Bananas (SO GOOD!)
- Sliced Pineapple
- Red or Green Grapes
- Sliced Apples (Red, Green or Yellow apple slices are all good!)
- Kiwi (Traditional green or the yummy golden kiwi!)
- Sliced Mango
- Nectarines or Peaches (when they’re in season!)
Other Yummy Ideas:
- Graham Crackers or Animal Crackers
- Mini Pretzels or Pretzel Sticks (I’m a sucker for that salty-sweet combo!)
- Pound Cake Cubes (vanilla works best)
- Vanilla Wafers (Try Gluten-Free!)
FAQ + Tips For The Best BRown Sugar Fruit Dip:
How Long Does Cream Cheese Fruit Dip Last? Stored covered in the refrigerator, our east fruit dip recipe should keep 3-4 days in the refrigerator. (But, seriously, it will go FAST!)
Can I Make Fruit Dip In Advance? Yes! Caramel brown sugar fruit dip will keep 3-4 days, so you can make it about a day in advance for the best texture. Just give it a quick stir before serving. Easy-peasy!
Can You Freeze Cream Cheese Fruit Dip? No. Fruit dips made with cream cheese (or sour cream for that matter!) don’t do well in the freezer as they can curdle, separate, and seep when thawed. This brown sugar cream cheese fruit dip is best made within a day or so of when you plan to eat it.
Why Is My Fruit Dip Lumpy? The most likely reason is that your cream cheese wasn’t soft enough. It’s totally fixable with a cream cheese dip! Just let the mixture sit out at room temp 10-15 minutes, then beat with a hand mixer again to work those lumps out. (Lumps are also more likely if you used low-fat cream cheese. I recommend full-fat for best results!)
variations to try:
- ADD TOFFEE BITS! Try mixing in some toffee bits or sprinkling them across the surface right before serving. They add a yummy toffee crunch and play up the caramel notes in the dip. Yum! (I like the Heath Bits ‘O’ Brickle toffee bits for this)
- DRIZZLE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE. Another way to get a fun presentation is to try drizzling the dip with a bit of caramel or salted caramel sauce. It looks so pretty and fun!
- ADD MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS. Or, sprinkle the dip with a few mini chocolate chips. It’s almost like caramel cookie dough!
🌟 Leave a star review below when you try our easy Fruit Dip Recipe! We can’t wait to hear what you think!Print