Gluten-Free Chocolate Cookies & Cream Cookies – Fudgy gluten-free chocolate cookies with gluten-free Oreos and TWO kinds of chocolate chips! They’re chocolate-vanilla heaven!
Calling all chocolate vanilla lovers! Today’s cookie recipe is the best of both worlds.
Inspired by the flavors of a classic Oreo cookie, these gluten-free chocolate cookies and cream cookies take that chocolate-vanilla combo to the next level. We combine fudgy gluten-free chocolate cookies with chopped up gluten-free Oreo cookies and a mix of white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips.
The end result is fudgy, chewy, creamy, gooey, chocolate vanilla EVERYTHING. Every single bite is bursting with chocolate vanilla flavor and the texture is unreal.
Grab a bowl + some gluten-free Oreos and let’s make a batch!
Here’s what you need to make these yummy gluten-free chocolate cookies and cream cookies…
Our Gluten-Free Cookies & Cream Cookies Recipe, At A Glance:
Here’s What You Need To Make These Cookies:
- Softened Butter. First, you’ll start with softened butter. It should be cool to the touch, not shiny (that’s too warm!) and give way to your finger when pressed.
- Brown Sugar & Sugar. Next this blend of sugars gives us the best texture–soft and chewy, with just the right spread.
- Egg + Vanilla. To bind the cookie dough together and infuse each bite with vanilla flavor.
- A Little Milk. Any kind you drink! Almond milk, dairy milk, cashew milk, etc. will all work for this recipe.
- Gluten-Free Flour. We keep things simple with a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour blend. We use and recommend this one for best results. (Amazon usually has the best price!)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder. For these cookies, we’re using regular/natural unsweetened cocoa, NOT alkalized/Dutch processed cocoa. Dutch processed cocoa has its place, but it will be too intense and throw off the chemistry of this recipe.
- Baking Soda. Since we’re using natural cocoa, we need baking soda to neutralize the acid. This also gives the cookies a lovely spread and soft, chewy, tender texture.
- Kosher Salt. Just enough to balance the flavor. If you’re using fine grain salt, you may need less.
- Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies. These are easier than ever to find! Make sure you buy the gluten-free variety (currently in a white package), as regular Oreos are NOT gluten-free. (Or use one of these gluten-free brands)
- TWO Kinds Of Chocolate Chips. Last, but not least, you’ll need white chocolate chips and semisweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips. We love Hershey’s white chocolate chips & Guittard semisweet or dark chocolate chips.
Ingredient Check: Are Oreos Gluten-Free?
Most Oreos are NOT gluten-free, but Oreo DOES make a gluten-free variety of Oreos! There are also several other great companies who make gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies. We wrote a whole post breaking down brands, where to buy & which ones we like best.
How To Make These Gluten-Free Cookies And Cream Cookies, Step By Step:
- Preheat The Oven & Prep Your Pans. Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop Oreos. If you haven’t already, roughly chop 8 gluten-free Oreo cookies and set aside to mix into the cookies. Chop another 2-3 Oreos to garnish the tops of the cookies, as desired. (I recommend it!)
- Cream Butter & Sugars. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar for 2-3 minutes or until smooth, light, and fluffy. Stop the mixer.
- Add Egg, Vanilla & Milk. Scrape down the sides of the mixer, then turn it back on and mix in egg until fully incorporated. Then, add the vanilla. Stream in the milk. The mixture will likely look a little curdled at this point. (No worries!)
- Mix In The Dry Ingredients. Scrape down the sides of the mixer again and add gluten-free flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Pulse a few times to avoid dry ingredients flying everywhere, then mix until JUST combined. (The dough should look like thick brownie batter.)
- Add Chocolate Chips & Oreos. Pour in the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and chopped gluten-free Oreos. Stir or fold in with a spatula to incorporate the mix-ins evenly. (Or you can pulse the mixer a few times & finish by hand.)
- Scoop & Bake. Use a 1/4 cup scoop (I use an ice cream scoop) to scoop 6 balls of cookie dough onto the prepared pan. Bake one batch at a time at 350 degrees for 9=10 minutes, or until the edges are set and the centers look just underdone.
- Shape & Make Pretty! Immediately after you remove the cookies from the oven, use a large round cookie cutter to gently coax the hot cookies into perfect circles, and garnish the cookies with a few chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and some of the remaining chopped Oreo cookies.
- Cool Completely. Let the cookies cool 4-5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Scoop remaining 4-5 cookie dough balls and repeat the baking process.
FAQ + Tips And Tricks For The Best Gluten-Free Chocolate Cookies And Cream Cookies
Make Them Pretty! To make your cookies look like mine, be sure to follow the styling directions in the recipe card–as soon as you pull the cookies out of the oven, use a large round cookie cutter to gently shape the cookies into perfect circles (like this), then top each cookie with a few extra pieces of Oreo, and a few of each kind of chocolate chips. I love that this immediately tells you what’s tucked inside the cookie!
Make Sure To Use Gluten-Free Oreos! Regular Oreos are NOT gluten-free, so you need to buy their gluten-free Oreos or one of these brands of gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookies to keep these cookies & cream cookies gluten-free.
Try An Ice Cream Scoop! To make these chocolate cookies and cream cookies nice and thick, we use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop. If you don’t have one, you can add an extra tablespoon of dough to a large cookie scoop, or use a 1/4 cup measuring cup and gently shape the dough into a ball.
more Gluten-Free cookie Recipes To Try:
- Brown Butter Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten-Free!)
- Gluten-Free Levain Chocolate Chip Cookies (thick & gorgeous!)
- Classic Gluten-Free No-Bake Cookies
- Gluten-Free White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies
- Soft, Chewy Gluten-Free M&M Cookies
- Crumbl Copycat Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Gluten-Free Sprinkle Sugar Cookies