Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Pie – This easy gluten-free no-bake chocolate cheesecake recipe is easy, creamy, and totally delicious!
I love Oreo crust for a lot of things, but one of my faves is a chocolate pie. I’ve already got a great vegan chocolate pie at One Lovely Life using this crust, so I decided to give this one a cheesecake spin. So, I give you the Sweets & Thank You Gluten-Free NO-BAKE Chocolate Cheesecake Pie.
It’s all the things I love about cheesecake–creamy texture & fancy presentation–but with the ease of a pie pan and without worrying about a water bath or the surface of your cheesecake cracking. Consider this chocolate cheesecake for beginners! (No springform pan and no delicate baking needed!)
With a crispy gluten-free chocolate crust, creamy no-bake chocolate cheesecake filling, and some fresh, fun garnishes on top, this gluten-free chocolate cheesecake recipe is perfect for your next special occasion.
Here’s all you need to get started…
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Pie, At A Glance:
Here’s What You Need To Make Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Crust. We make our no-bake chocolate cheesecake with gluten-free Oreo crust. It’s such a yummy combo! We recommend our 2-ingredient homemade gluten-free Oreo crust, or you can use a store-bought option, like Mi-Del brand.
- Cream Cheese. Like most no-bake cheesecake recipes, our no-bake chocolate cheesecake pie starts with softened cream cheese. I recommend full-fat for the best texture and flavor. (Low-fat or reduced fat can get chunky and watery.)
- Brown Sugar & Sugar. Then, you’ll sweeten the cream cheese base with a mix of brown sugar and white sugar. The brown sugar add such a great flavor!
- Vanilla & Salt. To round out the flavor more, next you’ll add vanilla extract and salt. Salt is critical here to cut the sweetness. It keeps the cheesecake from tasting flat or blandly sweet.
- Melted Chocolate. To add our chocolate flavor, you’ll melt chopped chocolate or chocolate chips and pour them into our the cheese mixture. I recommend dark chocolate chips over semi-sweet chocolate for a chocolate flavor that really shines through. (Milk chocolate tastes far too weak here, to me.)
- Whipped Topping. To keep our no-bake chocolate cheesecake pie from getting to dense or heavy, I like to lighten the filling up by mixing in some whipped topping (like Cool Whip or CocoWhip). You can try whipped cream if you prefer, I just like the ease and stability of whipped topping here.
- Garnishes To Make It Pretty. Even though this gluten-free chocolate cheesecake pie is as easy as, well, pie, it looks impressive thanks to some pretty garnishes!
TRY OUR 2-INGREDIENT OREO CRUST
Homemade gluten-free Oreo crust is SUPER easy to make. It can be no-bake or baked, and tastes amazing with all kinds of fillings!
How To Make Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Pie, Step By Step:
- Start With Your Crust. If you haven’t already, make your gluten-free Oreo crust. Preheat the oven to 350, then pulse gluten-free Oreos in a food processor until they’re fine crumbs. Add melted butter to the crushed cookie crumbs and blend to combine. Pat out into an even layer and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish and bake 10 minutes for extra stability. (Or, keep the recipe entirely no-bake and just pat the crust down as firmly as you can and chill before slicing).
- Whip The Cream Cheese Mixture. In a stand mixer or large bowl with a hand mixer, combine softened cream cheese, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, and salt. Whip 2-3 minutes, or until totally it’s reached a smooth texture and looks lighter in color.
- Melt & Cool Your Chocolate. Then, melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl in 30-second increments until smooth and glossy, or in a saucepan on low heat on the stovetop. Cool slightly (so it’s not piping hot–it’s ok if it’s slightly warm).
- Add Melted Chocolate To Cream Cheese Mixture. Add the slightly cooled melted chocolate to your cream cheese mixture and beat another 2 minutes until smooth and well blended. This process incorporates air into the chocolate cheesecake filling, which gives it a lighter texture, so don’t skimp on time!
- Mix In The Whipped Topping. Now, add the whipped topping to the chocolate cheesecake filling and beat 20-30 seconds, or until JUST combined.
- Pour Filling Into The Crust. Add chocolate cheesecake filling to your gluten-free Oreo crust and smooth out the surface. An offset spatula makes this WAY easier (and is such a useful tool to keep on hand!)
- Chill at least 2-3 hours to set. Transfer your cheesecake to the refrigerator and chill at least 2-3 hours before serving.
- Garnish & Slice. Right before serving, garnish the chocolate cheesecake with your favorite toppings. Slice and serve!
Make It Pretty! Pretty Ways To Decorate A Chocolate cheesecake Pie:
- Fresh berries. Some bright, beautiful fresh berries are my favorite topping for gluten-free no-bake chocolate cheesecake. The fresh berries keep the cheesecake from tasting too rich or heavy.
- Chocolate Sauce or Raspberry Sauce. Berries and chocolate are a gorgeous pairing! Feel free to drizzle slices of this no-bake chocolate cheesecake with a bit of chocolate sauce or raspberry sauce. It’s delightful!
- Chocolate Curls or Chocolate Shavings. Add a pretty touch with some chocolate curls or chocolate shavings.
- Mini Chocolate Chips. Or keep things simple with a light sprinkle of mini chocolate chips. They’re great with the berries!
- Fresh Mint Leaves. That pretty pop of green looks so vibrant and beautiful next to the fresh berries and chocolate!
- Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream. Since you’re already using some whipped topping for the filling, feel free to use the rest for garnishing your chocolate cheesecake.
5 VARIATIONS TO TRY:
My favorite way to eat our gluten-free chocolate cheesecake is topped with fresh berries, but there are so many other yummy ways you could dress up your chocolate cheesecake. Here are a few variations to try:
- TURTLE – Serve with toasted chopped pecans, a few mini chocolate chips & a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
- PB CUP – Garnish with a few chopped Reese’s PB cups (or another brand like Justin’s or Unreal)
- CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRY – Add a chocolate-covered strawberry to each slice. This looks so pretty & polished!
- COOKIES & CREAM – Add more crushed and chopped Oreos on top (or cut them in half!) and drizzle lighlty with white chocolate.
- BLACK FOREST – Serve with cherry pie filling, whipped cream and chocolate curls.
FAQ + Tips And Tricks For The Best Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Pie:
Serve Small Slices! I’ve never met a chocolate cheesecake recipe that wasn’t rich–it’s designed to be that way–so I recommend serving small slices for starters. You can always go back for seconds!
Can You Freeze No-Bake Cheesecake? Yes, though this chocolate cheesecake pie works better fresh. Also: you’ll need to freeze it WITHOUT any toppings, as berries won’t thaw well. Place plastic wrap directly on the surface of the filling to prevent condensation droplets and store in the freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
How Long Will No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Stay Fresh? Without the fresh berries as garnish, our gluten-free chocolate cheesecake pie stays fresh in the fridge 3-4 days. If you’ve added the berries, they’ll only keep 1-2 days on the pie.
Can You Make This In A Springform Pan Instead? Yes! It’ll work in a 9-inch Springform pan. You’ll pat the crust out mostly just across the bottom (rather than all the way up the sides, as there won’t be enough). Then, just layer the filling on top.