Gluten-Free Oreo Crust – You only need TWO ingredients to make this gluten-free chocolate crust! It’s perfect for pies, no-bake treats, cheesecake, and more. (Vegan-Friendly)
We’ve covered LOTS of yummy kinds of recipes here at Sweets & Thank You, but I only just realized we haven’t shared a pie yet! With Pi Day (March 14th/3.14) just around the corner, it’s the perfect time to rectify that.
To start, I thought we’d share an easy, delightful gluten-free pie crust recipe. This gluten-free Oreo pie crust is a total delight. It’s light and crisp, with a sweet, chocolatey crunch.
Gluten-free chocolate crust is a perfect base for all sorts of delicious desserts, and it only takes a few minutes to make. It’s the perfect beginner gluten-free pie crust—no fancy skills required!
Here are the TWO ingredients you’ll need to get started…
Ingredients For Gluten-Free Oreo Pie Crust:
- Gluten-Free Oreos (Or Gluten-Free Chocolate Sandwich Cookies). You’ll start with Gluten-Free Oreos (or another brand of gluten-free chocolate sandwich cookie). These yummy cookies create a light, crisp crust that’s loaded with chocolate flavor.
- Butter Or Vegan Butter. Then, to told it together, you’ll use butter or vegan butter, depending on your dietary needs. (Oreos aren’t certified vegan, but they’re dairy-free and contain no eggs, so some vegans choose to eat them. If that’s you, just make your crust with vegan butter!)
How To Make Gluten-Free Oreo Crust, Step By Step:
- PREHEAT THE OVEN. Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F. Set out a 9-inch pie dish.
- CRUSH THE OREOS. Add gluten-free Oreos to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until the cookies are fine crumbs and no lumps remain.
- ADD BUTTER. Next, add melted butter (or vegan butter) to the crushed cookie crumbs and blend or pulse to coat the cookies with butter. It’ll be the texture of wet sand now.
- TRANSFER TO YOUR PIE PLATE. Pour the gluten-free chocolate crust mixture into a 9″ pie pan and use the bottom of a measuring cup, drinking glass, or your fingers to pat the crust down into an even layer around the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Even the top edge out with your fingers.
- BAKE & COOL THE CRUST. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes to set the crust. Then, set aside on a wire rack to cool completely before using.
*For A No-Bake Option, you can simply pop your crust in the fridge to chill 30-60 minutes before filling. It won’t hold together quite as well as a baked crust, but tastes great and works like a charm when you’re short on time!
Yummy Ways To Use Gluten-Free Chocolate Crust
So what should you tuck into this gluten-free pie crust? Here are some of our favorite ways to fill a chocolate crust…
- Ice Cream Pie. This is our favorite gluten-free Oreo crust recipe for ice cream pie! Fill your gluten-free chocolate crust with two pints of your favorite ice cream & dollop with whipped cream to make a super easy, seriously delicious dessert!
- No-Bake Cheesecake. Swap in our gluten-free Oreo pie crust and make a yummy no-bake cheesecake recipe!
- Pudding Pie. Or, use a pudding filling. We LOVE this vegan chocolate pie from One Lovely Life (our sister site!)
- Peanut Butter Pie. Use this gluten-free Oreo pie crust with the filling for How Sweet Eats’ famous peanut butter pie!
FAQ + Tips And Tricks For The BEst Gluten-Free Oreo Crust:
Can I Make Gluten-Free Oreo Crust In Advance? You bet. You can make, bake, and store it at room temperature 1 day in advance. If you’d like to make it further in advance, cover the baked, cooled crust well (I like a layer of plastic wrap or press n’ seal + a layer of foil), and freeze the crust up to 2 weeks in advance.
Can This Be Made As A Gluten-Free No-Bake Oreo Crust? Yes. It’ll hold together best when baked, but if you can’t bake it, you *can* still use it unbaked. Just do your best to REALLY pack it down into the pan so it holds together better.
What Kinds Of Chocolate Cookies Are Gluten-Free? Other than Gluten-Free Oreos, you can use Glutino (dairy & egg free), Kinnikinnick (vegan), and Trader Joe’s Gluten-Free Joe-Joe’s (contain eggs). They’ll all work for gluten-free chocolate pie crust!
Does Oreo Make Gluten-Free Oreos? They do! While their regular Oreo cookies are NOT gluten-free, Oreo makes Gluten-Free Oreos and Gluten-Free Double Stuf Oreos. Just be sure you’re buying the gluten-free package!!
Can I Use Gluten-Free Double Stuf Oreos To Make Pie Crust? You can. I prefer regular Oreos for their frosting-to-cookie ratio, but double stuf WILL work for oreo crust.
More Gluten-Free Chocolate Recipes To Love: